Kit Kat Kake

Kit Kat Kake
Kit Kat Kake

Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Crock pot Beans & Rice

Crock pot Beans & Rice 2 lbs pinto beans Soaked overnight 2 green bell peppers chunked 2 medium onions chunked 4 stalks of celery fine chopped 1 bag baby carrots chopped in little pieces 2 jalapeƱos ( 1 seeded and one not) 4 cloves of garlic ( I put them in whole) 3 tablespoons lard 2 bay leaves Course salt Pepper Cummin Smokey paprika 6-10 cups water with beef bullion 1 small can tomato sauce 3 tablespoon lime juice 5 cups cooked rice Soak and sort your beans overnight in cold water. Put beans & veggies in crock pot. Stir to even mix. Add your water and bullion so that beans are covered with a little extra. Add seasonings ( I didn’t put measurements because I eyeball it to my taste.)& lard. Add tomato sauce & lime juice and mix well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. ( I stir at least one time) 30 minutes before serving, add cooked rice and mix. I serve mine with cornbread & the added topping of a little salsa if wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment