Kit Kat Kake

Kit Kat Kake
Kit Kat Kake

Popular Posts

Monday, March 16, 2015

Fruit Leather

Fruit Leather Add your combination of berries into a pot. I used 3/4 blackberries, and 1/4 strawberries. Cut them into small pieces if you can. I add mine straight from the freezer. Add a splash of lemon juice. And some water. Between 1/4 cup to 1 cup of water. Just enough to help them stew. Cook over medium heat, mashing occasionally. Once they are all soft and mushy, remove from heat. Cover sheet pan(s) with plastic wrap. Brush lightly with olive oil. Add stewed fruit to blender. Be careful with this step, blending hot food can be messy. Remove the cap from the whole in the blender lid, then cover the lid with a dishtowel. After blended, sample the mixture to see if you need to add sugar. Add with caution as the fruit will naturally be sweeter as it dries. I did not have to add any sugar to my last batch. Pour the mixture onto your lined sheet pan(s). Spread it so it's even. Now, into the oven it goes. Low temperature, the lowest my oven goes is 170, and it took about 10 hours. I had the oven cracked about half of the time to keep the temp as low as I could. When it's done, it will be completely dry. Cut it up in slices, I found my pizza cutter worked great for this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment