Kit Kat Kake

Kit Kat Kake
Kit Kat Kake

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 6, 2018

ICE CUBE FLOWER USING WATER BOTTLES

ICE CUBE FLOWER USING WATER BOTTLES Do you go through water bottles over the summer? I am a serious advocate for staying hydrated, I keep permanent type water bottles around for filling with water. But there also seems to be a few empty water bottles readily available. I happened to check out the bottom of the typical water bottle and I came up with a perfect use for an empty water bottle (or soda bottle). What could it possible be? How about the “ice cube flower”. These little ice cubes are perfect for sprucing up your drinks, whether your desire is to add a little fancy fun decor or incorporate a punch of flavor. The best part is, they are super easy to make! Take an empty water (or soda) bottle and cut the bottom off with a knife, leaving about an inch on the bottom portion. I did this with several water bottles so that I could have a couple of ice cubes freezing at a time. After the molds were cut, I placed them on a cookie sheet. Now here is the fun part— I picked out my favorite juices and beverages, and got to work on filling each mold. Each mold was filled almost to the top, or until the peaks were covered with liquid. It is good to keep in mind that these ice cubes melt fairly quickly; so, the longer you desire your ice cubes to keep form, the larger, or more filled, they should be. Once each mold was filled, carefully placed the tray into the freezer to let them set. After about three – four hours of chilling, the ice cubes were ready for use. I run a little warm water over the cube for a few seconds until it is ready to pop out of the mold. Because they lose their form quickly, I would wait on placing them in drinks until you are ready to serve your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment