Kit Kat Kake

Kit Kat Kake
Kit Kat Kake

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

BREAD

I haven't bought grocery store bread in several years. This recipe is so good and easy. I use it for my whole wheat, and the small white loaves I share with neighbors and friends, with a jar of my homemade apple butter. If making white bread increase the amount of flour to almost 3 cups. Recipe makes 1 loaf. Sift together(important to sift) 2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1 pkt dry yeast 2 TBSP sugar 1 tsp salt Scald 1 cup whole milk to 120°F Add to milk and blend: 2 TBSP Olive oil (or any light oil of choice) 1 egg Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat on high using bread dough hook attachment for 2 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup additional all purpose flour on low speed until incorporated. Knead 50x's by hand on floured surface. (I use my mixer with dough hook since I have arthritic hands). Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into loaf and place in greased pan. Cover and let rise 30 to 35 minutes or until 1 inch above pan rim, but no more because it will rise more during baking. Bake 375°F 30 to 35 minutes (After first 15 minutes I tent foil over top to keep from getting too brown.) Remove from oven and rub a stick of butter over loaf top. Remove bread from pan after about 10 minutes and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment