Kit Kat Kake

Kit Kat Kake
Kit Kat Kake

Popular Posts

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Country Bread

Country Bread (Bread Maker version) 1 1/4 C. hot tap water 1 1/2 tsp. instant yeast (I keep a 16 oz. bag of saf-instant in my freezer, it keeps forever and I just take what I need and put it back in the freezer) 1 1/2 tsp. white sugar 3 1/4 C. all purpose flour 1 tsp. salt 2 T. unsalted butter, room temp. Pour the water into the bread maker and add the yeast and sugar. Allow it to proof "foam up" (about 7 minutes)...if it doesn't, then the yeast is bad. Once it has foamed, add the flour, salt and butter. Set the bread maker to the dough setting and let it do it's thing. Once the dough is ready remove it to a floured surface and knead for a minute or so. Pat the dough into an approx. 8x12 shape (I used my dough roller to help with this). Taking the short end fold it into 3rds like you would a letter. Place seem side down in a 4x8 buttered loaf pan. Cover with a dish towel and allow to rise for 1 hour. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. It should sound hollow when you tap on the top of the bread. Turn the bread out onto a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment